Thursday, March 6, 2008

Elections ... In The Land Of The Free

The Three MonkeysAt the Toshogu Temple, Nikko, Japan, is the carving of the 3 monkeys. These three monkeys tell us to see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil monkeys - called sanzaru (三猿) or sanbiki no saru (三匹の猿). Their individual names are Mizaru (not see), Iwazaru (not say) and Kikazaru (not hear).

‘Mizaru' Obama

A viral email, doing the rounds, accusses Sen. Barrack Obama of a grave crime. It claims that Obama is a Muslim. The Associated Press report, says, "Presidential candidate battles misconception that he's a Muslim"

Poor Obama! He had to take time off from his campaign to fight innuendo and smear. Fight to remove the slur from his name. Desperately, he re-butted, "I've been to the same church, the same Christian church, for almost 20 years" He emphasised, "in the United States Senate, I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America." In case anyone gets such an email, "send it back to whoever sent it and tell them this is all crazy. Educate" the Senator earnestly advised.

Is it a crime in the land-of-the-free not to be a Christian? Does the US Constitution forbid non-Christians from holding the highest office in the land-of-the-free?

I am pretty uneducated about the land-of-the-free, Senator. In a backward country like India, voters don't bother about religion. Our recent President was a Muslim. I rather liked him. But I must be wrong. After all, I am from a backward country. And then the Indian voter is uneducated. Can you please educate me, Senator Obama. I have heard so much about your land-of-the-free.

‘Iwazaru' McCain

John McCain has written an inspiring book - Character Is Destiny: Inspiring Stories Every Young Person Should Know and Every Adult Should Remember, (co authored by Mike Salter, October 25, 2005). A review (From Publishers Weekly)says that McCain is "telling 34 stories of heroes ... and ... the pantheon is inclusive enough to hold Aung San Suu Kyi and Gandhi alongside Churchill and Eisenhower."

A few weeks later, after releasing this book, at the "Charlie Rose Show" Senator McCain informed the world that a Muslim had killed Gandhiji. I come from a backward country, Senator McCain. The backward school (in my backward country) I went to , told me that a Hindu killed Gandhi. Thank you for telling me the truth, Senator. I do hope you understand my disadvantage, Senator.

Only Americans tell the truth (especially if they want to become Presidents). It is not like that in my country, India. In my backward country, India, we have been told lies that Gandhi was killed by Hindus. Just imagine the lies. I am now sure that Rajiv Gandhi was also killed by Muslims and Indira Gandhi must have also been killed by a Muslim. Thank you, Senator. I can see the truth. For as they say, the truth will set you free.

‘Kikazaru' Clinton

Now we come to the friend of India - Hillary Clinton.

She is one helluva brave lady. Imagine a woman trying to become a President in the United States of America. The US has real men. They do not want to burden women with the Presidency.

Hillary Clinton, the Brave, has further threatened, all the caveman that they should not attack America. She has cautioned America, "We have real enemies who are sitting in some cave somewhere trying to figure out how to hurt us again." I now understand why millions of Red Indians were killed. The Red Indian Cavemen must have also done something. Otherwise, the peace loving, land-of-the-free, American nation, will not attack anybody.

American men are not backward like South Asia ‘men.' In fact South Asia does not have enough men. Otherwise, why does South Asia have so many women leaders. Tell me.

The Toshogu Temple

Three Monkeys, Toshogu Temple, Nikko, Japan

About 80 years ago, the Japanese sent a gift to Gandhiji. The Three monkeys from Toshogu Temple, Nikko, Japan. These three monkeys (imagine that, monkeys) tell us that we should not see, hear or talk evil. Gandhiji (that half naked ... apologies to Churchill again) loved these monkeys and carried them around.

I am sure that three American Senators, still in the Presidential race, have taken inspiration from these three monkeys - Mizaru, Iwazaru and Kikazaru.

See no evil, say no evil, hear no evil

‘Mizaru' Obama cannot see the evil of Islamic demonisation. It is not happening. ‘Iwazaru' McCain does not want to talk about the evil of Islamic demonisation. It is not happening. ‘Kikazaru' Clinton cannot hear the evil of Islamic demonisation. It is not happening.

God bless America, the-land-of-the-free.
Three Monkeys, Toshogu Temple, Nikko, Japan

My Plans

I have changed my plans. I was thinking of retiring to the caves, one day - in the Indian tradition. But, with Hillary's threat hanging over my head, I am afraid. Senators, looking at your source of inspiration, I also now understand, why the favorite Hindu god is a monkey.

What is likely to Happen

Who will 'actually' and 'finally' win this election. St.Barnum has a simple logic.

Who Will Win The US Election

© with respective copyright holders. Copyright details embedded in the links.

No comments: